Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thoughts...

I feel that I should take advantage of my first really good mood in a long time. As I look to my left and see the look of disgust on the person's face sitting next to me I cant help but think, "wow, I type very loudly." But I digress...
Whats the purpose of everything? Why are we here? What are we supposed to do? As far as I am concerned there are many answers one could give. Some greatly encouraging while the others are just a tad depressing. Being the kind of guy that I am, I will take the road of the optimist. I often spend many hours thinking of such questions (as I am a man with a lot of time on his hands) and have come up with a few answers that make myself see things just a little brighter. I am a firm believer in living for yourself. Now this may initially come off a little selfish but hear me out. The time we have on this earth is way too short and if this time is spent living for someone else or fearing some higher power, then our time was truly wasted. Live for you, and do you. I believe that we were put on this planet to enjoy ourselves. We look back on times we took chances and went on a whim rather than the times we were overly cautious and were worried about the thoughts of others. Live in the moment, because that is all life is, is a series of moments. The more you grab the more life becomes enjoyable I have learned. Open up to people! Make connections! Find that soulmate that you have been looking for. FIND LOVE! It does exist and it IS out there, there just is no conventional form. Thinking what could have been is NOT a fun thought to have! Rather deal with the short term embarrassment than spend your life thinking, "what if?"
Let your thoughts be your own. The input of your friends and others is an important part in some facets of life but in the end you must make your own decisions. Do not agree or disagree to something because your friends think its cool or not cool. This is your life, not theirs. I may seem like I am ranting but I have seen way too many times where people could have benefited with having such an idea in their head.
BE HAPPY! LOVE PEOPLE! LOVE LIFE! You are lucky enough to live in a place where you have control of your own destiny. You have the power to make your life as happy or as sad as you want it to be.

I do not write this to dictate how one should live their lives. That is not my place nor is this the blog to read how to do so. But I do believe in these things strongly and I wanted to share these ideas with you, the readers. And even though you may not take anything from this, hopefully I have the privilige of putting a smile on your face. If not you know where to find me. Im not hard to find, Im that dude with a huge smile on his face wearin dem oakley shades!

No comments:

Post a Comment